m*m atelier

We are transmitting our original textile and products, from Nishijin, Kyoto to the world

March 24, 2012

yatsushi....matofu's 2013FW collectionm

I viewed matohu's 2013 FW collection named yatsushi on 3/20.

They used Hinaya fabric in the collection, and I was invited to the show.

I met matohu designers, Mr.Hiroyuki Horihata and Ms. Makiko Sekiguchi through my friend and stylist, Souta Yamaguchi.

Souta was introduced to me by Mr. Masaya Kushino, who had a solo show at HINAYA KYOTO last fall.

Mr. Kushino was introduced me by one of Hinaya Kiyomizu Gojozaka store staff at the opening of the store.

Once I wrote down how we met, I found out "people bring people"...it is interesting.

One meeting leads to the next, and it continues...

Well, let me start with matohu's latest collection.

I personally liked matohu, and I even owned their famous nagagi, but had never seen the show before, and I found that it was just beautiful! (log in to view the collection:here)

I had read the background thoughts on the theme "yatsushi", so I was kind of swallowed in the show.

The show venue was full, and since I arrived there just on time, I stood and viewed the show.

I was not informed which garments they used Hinaya fabrics with, so I could not identified in the log distance.

My eyes glued with the dress dye with deep and cool navy gradually, and there was a yellow one as well.






I felt so much tranquility at the show place.






I received a message from Mr. Horihata via facebook.

"Did you tell which ones?"

To my surprise, the dresses I was impressed best were the ones!

I was pleasantly amazed!

They had Hinaya fabric as a foundation, but matohu designers metamorphosed the textile up to totally different level.

Japanese point of view and aesthetic feeling: Yatsushi, that finds time to figure out what the depth of the rich and beautiful, simple to change and then dare to poor.

I was so fascinated by the beauty.

So much applaud to the creative passion!

by izukuranaoto | 2012-03-24 11:20