m*m atelier

We are transmitting our original textile and products, from Nishijin, Kyoto to the world

February 24, 2011

2/24 I am going back to Japan soon.

It is a bit past 5pm here in NYC. I have to leave for JFK airport at 8pm.

I had a fruitful stay here in NYC.

I arrived here on 16th, and attended Susan Cianciolo's show.

Next day, I had a lunch meeting with Gilles who is a business partner of Jean Doucet, and he introduced me a textile supplier for Chanel couture, Jenevieve. Then I needed to set up for Atelier trade show in the evening.

Third day. we still worked on setting up our show in the morining, and had a pre-show sales event in the afternoon.

19~21th for Atelier trade show. We had dinner meetings every night.

On 22nd, I visited our buyers/boutiques in Manhattan and a thank you lunch, then had a dinner at a steak house with NY staff at the evening.

And the last day, yesterday 23rd, I had a meeting with our NY staff and then Susan Cianciolo, and finally Kimomo Hiro.


I have been so busy, so meetings with Gilles and Jenevieve seem so far away.

I will come to NYC in September again, and travel to NYC to Santa Fe, then Los Angeles. I assume I will get much busier.

Thinking of....

Mere 2 and a half years ago, I was seriously thinking of closing down our US office. What a big difference we made!

HINAYA can do more business here in the US?
I felt strongly so during my stay in NYC.






From a window at Hinaya USA office.

by izukuranaoto | 2011-02-24 19:29