m*m atelier

We are transmitting our original textile and products, from Nishijin, Kyoto to the world

February 4, 2011

Not succeeding passivity....

We have a trunk shows to focused on our specially made obis twice a year called "Hinaya's Creative and One-of-a-Kind obi"

Next show will be held in mid March.

Our weavers are working on them right now.






*about our One-of-a-Kind obis


We started this line of obis 3 years ago. At first, it started as a challenge when I succeeded my company from my father and I set my mind to take over very important and valuable techniques of braiding firmly, and hopefully aim to develop them.

Thus, I always encourage our artisans to input something different in new obis from what Hinaya used to produce.

I deeply wish to connect these precious weaving techniques succeeded in Hinaya history to the future. Not just passively take over or succeed, but always keep up our mind upward, this obi trunk show itself stands as the very important challenge for us.

by izukuranaoto | 2011-02-04 15:57