m*m atelier

We are transmitting our original textile and products, from Nishijin, Kyoto to the world

April 15, 2010

Collaboration with N4


One of our new staff who had joined a company last November introduced
designer of the brand of "N4" , Mr. Koichi Watanabe to me.

Mr. Watanabe's interest for dyeing and weaving led him to us while
reading this blog, and he visited us last January, right before my
business trip to Europe .

Koichi Watanabe : in the person with a wonderful smile!
He is such an attractive person and I wanted to work together at the
first sight.

Actually, I was touched with his sincere attitude and passion for
creation. He often stopped by at our studio and ask many questions on
dyeing and weaving. He never compromise with the quality.


Only a few days ago, his new collection with our support was premiered
and he kindly sent me the photographs of the products. Of course the
show was successful.

This collection is now added to our previous collaboration with the
creator in Paris and New York.
I deeply feel with my passion that I would love to keep contributing
our weaving and dyeing techniques to Japanese creators in the future.










by izukuranaoto | 2010-04-06 17:42