m*m atelier

We are transmitting our original textile and products, from Nishijin, Kyoto to the world

April 25, 2010

We got photos from the exhibition at Nottingham U.K.

LIFE in COLOURS-The works of Akihiko Izukura









Akihiko Izukura has been exhibiting at Nottingham Trent University with his about three hundred art works, with the [Sun Dyes] dye by the sun particularly.

He said,
I would love to message to people the way of the dyeing and weaving which respects a nature and entrusts to a nature cycle.
We are facing to have to consider how the dyeing and weaving in the era of a mass garments wasting. I also would love to message to the world, the way of making garments respecting a nature and no burden on a nature.

We, as father and son, have conflicted each other over the work for our company, however, his creative activity always sounds to my heart in some way.
Let me tell you, I am influenced by him the most always…

by izukuranaoto | 2010-04-25 10:58