m*m atelier

We are transmitting our original textile and products, from Nishijin, Kyoto to the world

January 28, 2011

Defile Jean Doucet, Jan. 26th(monday) 2011

On the same day as On aura tout vu's show on 26th, I attended the couture show of JEAN DOUCET at 3pm Paris time.

It was located at buddha-bar, and I did not know but it was one of the most popular spot in Paris before. In the center of the broad dance floor is the huge buddha, and was filled with asian motifs and very chic.

I heard they invited about 150 guests, but close to 200 attended to the show actually.

This time with JEAN DOUCET's collection, I was informed that he used so many Hinaya textiles for garments, but when I met Jean 3 days before at his atelier, he insisted that he did not want to show them to me until the show. So, I was so wondering what he made with a bit of uneasiness.

He paid so much respects to Hinaya at the show, and as a partner of the collaboration, I and Japanese guests I invited to the show were all seated at the front row.

However, I was told not to photograph the show there.

The person insisted that I am a very important partner and a VIP among the guests, representing Hinaya as well, so I must take it easy and have a seat. Also added that he will deliver official photos and DVD later.

I understood, make a clear sense.(I will show images as I receive official ones later)

The show itself was fantastic! 80% of all the garments used Hinaya textiles, and they were wonderfully done!

I can not tell how they were with my tongue, so I certainly will show photo and vidio images of the show soon.


・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Yesterday, a day after the show, I had a dinner with Jean and Ridia(his business partner and designer), and talked about their plans.

I will not refer to the details of the talk, but it seems that a PR company located in L.A. will promote JEAN DOUCET by targeting mainly celebrities in Beverly Hills .

Yesterday at the dinner, I tried to tell where I and Hinaya stands among the collaboration, and even had hot arguments with them. However, I am confident that we had our thoughts understood then.

He will be in NYC next week, and I decided to meet him during my business trip to NYC. He also added that he would like to invite me to his LA headquarter in Sept.

I am not sure how this talk comes through yet...

I will take my dynamic step forward with a caution.

by izukuranaoto | 2011-01-28 13:55